Sindh Education and Literacy Department announced that the matriculation and intermediate exams will be conducted in May and June respectively. The tentative dates for the board examinations were given during a session of the department’s Steering Committee that was held at the Intermediate Board, Karachi’s office on Wednesday.
Several proposals were put forward during the meeting, however, the officials agreed on 10 recommendations, according to the documents available, which are :
- Schools and colleges to start practicals soon after the reopening of classes.
- The examination papers will be set according to the old patterns.
- All the boards are to develop model papers considering the present strategic environment of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The SSC Parts I & II Annual Examination, 2021 are to start on 20 May 2021; and the HSSC Parts I & II Annual Examination, 2021 on 20 June 2021.
- All the Internal Superintendents of the examination centers will be responsible for the strict adherence to the SOPs during the examinations.
- The boards may seek help from the District Administrations for the implementation of the SOPs during the examinations and for maintaining law and order.
- Each board may decide an assessment strategy, either centralized or home-based, considering the feasibility and other aspects.
- The results to be announced within 90 days of the completion of the examinations for the SSC Part II and the HSSC Part II.
- The heads and teachers of institutions are bound to carry out board duties if assigned.
- The assessment centers to be established in Hyderabad, Sukkur, and Karachi.